CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Guilty Mommy

I know that there has to be many other moms that carry the guilt like me for having to work instead if staying home with the kids while they are young. I always have that lingering feeling that I should be at home with them then here. Don't get me wrong I'm so happy with the nanny situation we've set up for both of our kids, but the fact is I know I'd love more time with them too. I always get asked to go to functions after work or go out with my co-workers, but pass every time. I just can't fathom even having my kids go from a sitter during the day to a sitter at night. That's just wrong... I know some parents this doesn't phase, but it bothers me plenty. I need my time with the kids as much as they need there time with me. I think my kids are cool as hell! These years will fly by and then I'll have teenagers. (which I wont mind, but I'm loving the stages they are in right now) I just wish I had more time. There has to be other moms out there that feel exactly the way I do. Going to work away from my kiddos is hard, but focusing all day long is even harder. I find my self flipping through pictures or videos on my phone smiling, then missing them. Then there is other times I'm so busy I wish I had time to miss them. I feel like I'm sprinting through the day then sprinting to pick them up then sprinting to pack for the next day to do it again. Running running running the story of our life! Guess its keeping me in shape, man I'm lucky I'm young, I couldn't imagine doing this older!

2 comments:

Christina Morley

Hi Researching Mom! I saw you were following one of my blogs and then I saw your URLs listed on the Mom Bloggers Cyber Connect group and thought to stop in. I'm following you now. I wish you all the best with your family and busy schedule. Tina - my inspirational parenting blog from a mom with four kids: http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

Unknown

Found you on the MMM Hop!!

I think working moms are AMAZING! I tried going back to work (I was able to work from home!) but couldn't handle the work load with the screaming, crying baby. I feel like you work twice as hard as me!

I do think though, that you're able to appreciate your kids more. When I leave my baby and then come back, even a few hours later, I am so much more grateful to see her than if we're stuck in a house all day doing chores. Little blessings in every situation!

Post a Comment